Information For Professionals
The LGBT Domestic Abuse Partnership is coordinated by Galop and brings together the work of 4 LGBT voluntary organisations that provide a specialist, comprehensive service for LGBT survivors of DV – Galop, London Friend, Switchboard and Stonewall Housing.
The DAP has been funded by London Councils as part of the 2013-15 Grants Programme to provide help and support to LGBT survivors of domestic violence in London.
How does the DAP work?
A service user, or professional acting on their behalf, will only have to contact one of the 5 DAP partners to access the project – either through their telephone helpline or online. If the service user agrees, a DAP caseworker assesses the level risk to ensure their safety. Once a service-user has been assessed, we are able to offer appropriate services to them. We refer high-risk cases to local MARACs when appropriate.
How the LGBT DAP can work together with your organisation
The DAP is interested in liaising with local DV Forums, IDVAs and other community organisations to ensure we meet the needs of LGBT Londoners who experience DV. The DAP can provide the following;
- Help/advice to professionals on working with LGBT survivors/victims of DV.
- Provide access to services to LGBT people experiencing domestic abuse (including gay, bi & trans men).
- Free counselling and workshops for LGBT survivors
- A free 1 hour workshop for your organisation on Domestic Violence and the LGBT Community. Longer training sessions are also available.
- Information about domestic abuse and sexual violence via each organisation’s website, including a printable Pdf leaflet. the DAP and encourage your organisation can refer LGBT service users to the DAP and spread information about the DAP within your borough.
If you are interested in working together, please do contact me. Telephone 020 7704 6767 or email: Peter.Kelley@galop.org.uk